Chief Development Officer
The Chief Development Officer will lead the fundraising efforts of Faith Family Medical Center to ensure the organization’s financial security. This individual will work with the President/CEO and other staff as well as the Board of Directors to build a broad base of support including gifts from individuals, churches, corporations and grants. The Events and Marketing Manager, the Development Coordinator, and the Volunteer Coordinator report directly to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with key staff members and the Board of Directors to establish an effective development plan which meets the financial needs of the organization
- Promotes the Center and its programs to the community at large
- Oversees all fund-raising programs, including events, grants, sponsorships, and donations from individuals, churches, foundations and corporations.
- Mange Development Staff- The Events and Marketing Manager, the Development Coordinator, and Volunteer Coordinator (part-time)
- Works with key staff, Board and Capital Campaign Committee to ensure funds are raised for new facility
- Provides management of process
- Participates in donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Cultivates and manages portfolio of current and prospective donors by implementing key stewardship activities
- Conducts proactive, ongoing prospecting and research activities to collect information about donors and prospective donors that is helpful to the organization’s fundraising efforts
- Directs stewardship strategies to ensure donor retention at all levels
- Develops and administers systems to assure timely, accurate, and appropriate donor communication and appreciation
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate, up-to-date gift history, contact information, and other relevant data about the organization’s constituency
- Responsible for donor messaging. Develops and writes donor appeals and thank you letters
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring fundraising goals within the annual operating budget. Works with bookkeeper to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Grants and Proposals
- Develops plan and ensures proposal and grant applications are submitted in a timely manner.
- Writes (or delegates) and reviews all proposals, grants and reports.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year College or University or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Five+ years of successful fundraising experience involving all fundraising initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, written and presentation skills
- Experienced in leading and managing staff
- Skilled in organization skills including managing multiple priorities
- Gifted at relationship building
- Proficient at Donor Software and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Donor Perfect experience is a plus.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred, but not required
Contact Information and Procedure
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org