Executive (Administrative) Assistant
Faith Family Medical Center, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, seeks to follow the commitment of people of faith to provide hope and medical care for the working uninsured and other underserved by meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
The Executive Assistant (“EA”) is an integral part of the Administrative team, providing essential daily support to the CEO and Director of Operations as well as peripheral support to other members of the Leadership team, as needed. This is a growth position for the right candidate. The EA must be experienced, organized, creative and enjoy working within a small, fast-paced environment. The EA should possess critical thinking skills and will be responsible for exercising good judgment in a variety of situations. The EA must have strong written and verbal communication skills along with superior administrative skills. The EA should have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through on diverse activities, and do so with confidence and minimal instruction. The EA will be responsible for handling confidential matters.
This is an excellent position for a committed administrative professional seeking a career with growth potential and the opportunity to serve the community.
• Manage CEO’s calendar and schedule meetings as directed. Keep CEO informed of upcoming action items, commitments and responsibilities. Prepare meeting materials and handle general correspondence. Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Occasionally research and/or set up travel arrangements.
• With the CEO and Director of Operations, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for Board of Directors and other committee meetings; ensure timely distribution of materials to board or committee members; create action list for Leadership staff following board and committee meetings.
• Work with CEO and Development team to assist with fundraising efforts.
• Prepare, submit and track expenses and expense reports for CEO.
• Draft and/or proofread correspondence, reports and other written documents for CEO and Director of Operations.
• Draft and respond to CEO’s e-mails, screen and track e mails, prepare follow-up memos and reports from meetings.
• Organize, maintain and assume custodial responsibilities for organizational documents, files and records for CEO and Director of Operations.
• Work on special projects as needed; assist with organizational needs such as project tracking; monitor progress toward goals.
• Handle confidential and sensitive information relating to successful running of the organization and its systems.
• Coordinate and maintain efficient administrative systems and operations related to management of electronic and paper filing systems.
• Manage office supply inventory and purchasing.
• Assist Board Chair and committee chairs with administrative tasks, as needed.
• Create systems and protocols for increasing office and team member efficiency.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant Executive Administrative experience, preferably in non-profit organizations and for C-level executives. A request for references is part of the candidate vetting process.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms. Experience with DonorPerfect and WordPress a plus. A skills test is part of the candidate vetting process.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members, external partners, and donors.
• Must be a team player and also be able to work independently
• Well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks, assignments, and priorities.
Excellent benefits package that includes options for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance as well as Life and Short Term Disability insurance. Staff earns time off of 25 days a year (including the 8 FFMC recognized holidays) and receives SEP retirement contributions on behalf of the employee after completion of the first year of employment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and begins in the mid $30k range.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.