The Development Associate works under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer to develop strategies for raising resources to support operational and capital needs through general fundraising, marketing, and special events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Promotes the Center and its programs to the community at large
• With Development team, develops fundraising plan consistent with FFMC strategy
• Has a working knowledge of donor software
• Manages all aspects of agency marketing efforts
• Serves as backup for Development Coordinator as needed
• Manages all aspects of events – typically there are two major fundraisers a year
• Creates and implements measurement tools needed for marketing success; e.g., timelines, tracking tools, Constant Contact, etc.
• Works directly with event chair(s) and committee(s)
• Creates and manages all printed and digital materials associated with special events – program/agenda, taking reservations, entertainment, sponsors, volunteers and event follow-up
• Assesses cost/benefit at the end of each event with recommendations for the following year
• Under the guidance of the Chief Development Officer, directs all marketing strategies to further the FFMC brand
• Acquires and schedules speaking engagements in the community
• Attends or schedules other staff to attend health fairs, church, civic and community events to represent FFMC
• Produces media plan and media calendar including but not limited to press releases, events, and other publicity
• Manages mailing lists, content, design, production, and distribution of all digital and printed materials including newsletters, annual reports, and direct mail appeals
• Manages content, production, and distribution of all marketing/collateral materials
• Develops compelling multimedia presentations for outreach to churches, civic groups, and other speaking opportunities
• Works with the Journey to Wellness Director to promote the program
• Responsible for ordering and managing inventory of all collateral materials and paper goods related to fundraising
• Develops strategies and timeline for online giving efforts
• Creates and implements social media plan
• Responds to FFMC social media comments and inquiries
• Manages all Facebook and Google Ads, monitoring and reporting on impact
• Plans, updates, and manages agency website content
• Responsible for efforts to move more donors from print to online communications
• Plans strategies for and manages all advertising for FFMC using a variety of platforms
Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Four year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Demonstrated successful fund development experience
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
• Experience in marketing, communications, or public relations desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Advanced experience with Excel and donor software, Donor Perfect experience is a plus
• Knowledge of WordPress and graphic design is a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as some local travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of that which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Also, to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arm.
Position Type/Expected hours of work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are M-F 8:30a- 5:00p
No travel is expected for this position. Occasionally, some local travel to events, venues, and meetings.
Contact Information and Procedure
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume in one pdf attachment to email@example.com. No phone calls please. FFMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Faith Family Medical Center, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, seeks to follow the commitment of people of faith to provide hope and medical care for the working uninsured and other underserved by meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.